Photobucket Just Poems from June: Poems for Valentine's Day

Monday, January 21, 2008

Poems for Valentine's Day


Poems
About Love and Valentines


( some old, some new ~ some happy, some bittersweet )




Come And Be My Valentine


Oh! Come and be My Valentine
and give your love to me.
Those words I’ve waited, long, to say
are wanting to be free!

Let’s put away our doubts and fears
and trust our hearts to know,
the way our lives were meant to be;
and how our love should grow.

Come hear the song that’s in my heart
that’s playing just for you.
No sweeter music could you know,
nor words, so pure and true.

Come with me, and be my love,
with all my life to share-
packed with hugs, and kisses -sweet-
this love, beyond compare!

Oh! Come and be My Valentine
and give your heart to me!
Together, we’ll declare our love,
for all the world to see.


June Kellum ~ 2008



~~~


WORDS

The time I spend with you, my love,
means more to me than I can say.
The little things you say and do,

bring sunshine to my darkest day!

When you’re near me, everything,
is dusted with your golden glow.
I’m trying hard to find the words-
those magic words - to let you know.

Words, I find, don’t say enough…
can’t express what’s here - inside!
So I falter and I fail…
no mind, how often I have tried.

A simple ‘I love you,’ it seems,
should be enough to satisfy.
But for you, there’s so much more-
more than those three words imply!

I’ll just have to tell you this,
you’re all the world to me - and more!
You’re everything my heart does crave.
You’re all that I’ve been longing for.


June Kellum ~ 2005


~~~


( Click above poem/pic to enlarge )


~~~



Come With Me, My Love


Come with me, my love
along the sandy shore.
We’ll watch the perfect sunset,
like none we’ve known before.
We’ll savor every moment,
enclosed in our embrace,
and watch the fading sun rays
until there is no trace!
We’ll walk the sun-warmed beaches,
until the evening’s chill
begins to turn us homeward…
with promises to fill.


June Kellum
July, 2005

~~~

If Only I Could

All this I would give you
if only I could.

Warm sunshine to soothe you.
A walk in the wood.

Bird song to enchant you.
Soft breezes to caress.

Blue skies to calm you-
to relieve all your stress!

Good friends to surround you-
just those, tried and true.

...And a love for a lifetime
I'd offer to you...

Sweet music to uplift you,
as only it would.

All this I would give you
if only I could.

June Kellum


~~~



I’ll Be The Moth

I’ll be the moth,
if you’re the flame.
I’ll seek the warmth
you offer me.
You’ll be my guiding light,
on shore,
if I’m the ship that’s
lost at sea.
I’ll be the flowers-
you, the rain.
What would have withered
now will grow.
You’ll be the song
that’s in my heart.
I’ll find a way
to let you know.


June Kellum
2005


~~~

...and - sometimes...

~~~

(click on picture to enlarge)



~~~


June Kellum



Labels: , ,

4 Comments:

At 6:30 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Beautiful lady and such beautiful poems, too. So talented!

 
At 8:04 AM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

Thanks so much, Judy!

 
At 5:21 PM , Blogger Renie Burghardt said...

I didn't know you were a talented poet, too, June. Beautiful poems. Love the picture, on top. Beautiful!

 
At 6:39 PM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

Hi Renie,

Not so sure how talented I am- but I've always liked to write little poems!

That picture I have for my header here, I chose because I thought it worked well with the poem. I lightened it also to fit the mood of the poem...of looking backward in time! I was in my early 30s here. (not a real young girl!)

Thanks for reading my poems.


Junie

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home