Photobucket Just Poems from June: Poems: My rainy day poems...

Saturday, January 05, 2008

Poems: My rainy day poems...


The Rain



The rain came down today,

littering blossoms on the ground.

Leaving all in disarray.

Spring’s glory scattered!

…As my love’s been beaten down,

with consistent disregard

- impersonal as the rain-

as if it never mattered.



June Kellum

2004



~~~



The Sky Today



The sky, today,

is dark with clouds.

The sun is hidden well.

And though

I have the heat turned up,

the chill

I can’t dispel!

The gloomy day

has taken hold-

seems settled in to stay.

All things of cheer-

all sunny thoughts-

have all

been chased away!

…But is it just the

sunless day

that chills me to the core?

…Or fear that I have lost you -

will not see you anymore?



June Kellum

2004


~~~



Raindrops



Raindrops fall, relentlessly!

The color in the day,

has vanished so completely-

been taken, clear, away.


Just one name I’ll give it.

Drab describes it well.

The day is wrapped in sorrow,

a dismal shade of pale.


Raindrops on the window

make ripples in my view;

distorting all I’m seeing-

cast in this faded hue.


The world outside seems burdened,

bent down with all the rain;

the way my heart is heavy

and drowning with the pain.



June Kellum


June 25, 2006


~~~



K-


There you have all my rainy day poems!


Not to worry, friends!

I realize into every life a little rain must fall!



Love,


Junie Rose ;)


Labels: ,

2 Comments:

At 8:58 PM , Blogger Sandy Hatcher-Wallace said...

Your rainy day poems are lovely, although sad I can relate to those feelings at times.

When I first started blogging I posted some poems that I and family members had written. To read them you would have to search my blog from it's beginings.

 
At 11:23 AM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

Thanks, Sandy.

I have always liked reading and writing little poems!

I'll search yours out.


Junie

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home