Photobucket Just Poems from June: Poem: A Winter Day

Friday, January 26, 2007

Poem: A Winter Day


A Winter Day


Another day that’s filled with gray.
The sun will not appear!
It seems that Winter’s here to stay,
and Spring is nowhere near.

Snowflakes glisten on the ground,
on every bush and tree…
frosty mornings , colder nights…
yet, beautiful to see!

It’s beauty cannot be denied,
but soon we’ve had our fill…
and long for Robins, in the Spring,
and the lovely Daffodil!


June Kellum

Feb. 1974


Labels: ,

6 Comments:

At 11:38 AM , Blogger TJ said...

what a beautiful poem June Bug!!
:-D

 
At 1:46 PM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

:) Thanks Tammy!

As you see by the date it's an old one!

....But I wanted to use it now-during winter!
Not that we have snow....but I DID get those pictures of the Robins just yesterday!

June Bug

 
At 8:47 AM , Blogger Skye said...

I like this poem, Junie, and the picture of the robins! I love robins. As it happens, I'm waiting for my daffodils to bloom! They came up early this year because we had a very warm December and first half of January. It's COLD now, though, and I'm ready for Spring!

 
At 12:20 PM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

Skye,

Yes, I remembered your Daffodils...I wanted to find a pic of Daffodils to use with the poem but didn't-so I just put the Robins on.

Hope you will make some pics when your Daffodils when they bloom.


Junie

 
At 4:29 AM , Blogger Judypatooote said...

What a great poem....and it doesn't matter when you wrote it, it is wonderful....and I like the picture of the bird too..... judy

 
At 6:30 PM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

thanks, Judy.

:0 I have been writing poems for a long time!


Junie

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home