Photobucket Just Poems from June: Poem: There's a Place I'm Searching For

Sunday, May 07, 2006

Poem: There's a Place I'm Searching For

...a poem of discontent...
(Previously posted at Junie's Place)




There’s a Place I’m Searching For


There’s a place I’m searching for,
to hide away, escape this cold.
A place where I may lose the pain,
that has engulfed my soul.

I’ll hide away within those walls.
A mighty fortress will not bend…
will drive away the pain and strife,
before it can descend.

Oh, peaceful rest, to soothe my heart.
And time to ponder what has been-
to lick my wounds- to get in touch
with ME… to start again.

To gather strength where all seemed lost.
Hold tight to what is left of me.
Protect my eyes from hurting rays,
‘til softer light I see.

I’ll linger there until the time
when I can face the world once more.
I’ll stay there, safe, until I’m healed,
and stronger than before.


June Kellum
2005

Labels:

2 Comments:

At 8:35 PM , Blogger Granny said...

Lovely, June

I'm still searching through my mail for our original correspondence. I know it has to be there somewhere. I remember it.

 
At 9:09 PM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

Thanks for reading the poem. I'm glad you like it.

June

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home