Photobucket Just Poems from June: Stopping By Woods On Snowy Evening-Robert Frost

Tuesday, April 11, 2006

Stopping By Woods On Snowy Evening-Robert Frost


This is a poem I have loved for a long time!
by ROBERT FROST



Stopping By Woods On A Snowy Evening

Whose woods these are I think I know.
His house is in the village, though.
He will not see me stopping here
to watch his woods fill up with snow.

My little horse must think it queer
to stop without a farmhouse near;
between the woods and frozen lake,
the darkest evening of the year.

He gives his harness bells a shake,
to ask if there is some mistake.
The only other sound's the sweep
of easy wind and downy flake.

The woods are lovely, dark and deep,
but I have promises to keep,
and miles to go before I sleep,
and miles to go before I sleep.


NOTE:

Skye (and others who are interested) this is the title page in the booklet!
The whole book is just beautifully illustrated!

I just love it!

Although, not a Christmas book it has that FEEL of the
Christmas season and I always manage to read it a few times at that time of year!


Junie

2 Comments:

At 10:16 PM , Blogger Skye said...

Oh, wow - THANK YOU for posting that!! Yes, that poem DOES have a Christmassy feel to it. I always imagine it taking place close to Christmas time. That is a cute illustration on the cover too. :)

 
At 7:41 AM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

;) It's such a treasure of a book, Skye. I think you would love it!

Junie

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home