Photobucket Just Poems from June: Poem: There Is No Road To You

Monday, April 17, 2006

Poem: There Is No Road To You

There Is No Road To You


I have this helpless feeling…
that there is no road to you.
I’ve found no way to reach you,
no matter what I do.

All paths that I have taken
have just led me astray,
meandering ever onward,
more twisted, day by day.

Now, I’m lost, entangled,
in woods so dense and deep;
doubting if I’ll ever find
a place for restful sleep.

Still, I journey onward,
despite the barricades
that have, thus far, so limited,
the progress I have made.

All roads must have an ending.
This fact I do embrace,
while skirting all the pot holes
as I readjust my pace.

There you stay, beyond my reach
-no matter what I do,
or how much effort I extend-
no road leads to you.


June Kellum

Labels:

4 Comments:

At 11:03 AM , Blogger From My Pen said...

Junie, you write very nice poetry, glad I stooped in to see you. I have a writing group if you are interested in those kinds of groups, we would be glad to see you.:)

http://groups.msn/APortInThe StormForFriendsandWriters

 
At 12:06 PM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

Thanks so much for reading my poetry!

I have enjoyed writing all of my life-just for my own fulfillment. Writing has helped me through some hard times throughout my life.

I am enjoying reading your blog a lot, too. Don't know how I've missed it all this time! :)

Thanks for telling me about your writing group. I will check it out soon.

Junie

 
At 5:26 AM , Blogger Peter said...

I like that poen June, it must be my "blacknature" side that makes them appeal, you have a few like that too.

 
At 6:35 AM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

Thanks for reading, Peter.

All of my poems were written over several decades of my life, so don't , necessarily, reflect my feelings of today.

...I go with my true feelings and emotions, whether happy or sad!

June

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home