Photobucket Just Poems from June: Poem: My Nights Are Long And Lonely

Wednesday, April 05, 2006

Poem: My Nights Are Long And Lonely

Love and life...




My Nights Are Long And Lonely


My nights are long and lonely.
So many thoughts invading.
Rendering nil and useless,
my feeble stabs at sleep.

Thoughts scuttling, to and fro,
of all the words we’ve spoken…
yet, many more left dangling-
unborn - or buried deep.

Past phrases leap and frolic.
Unanswered questions linger.
Meanings lost in limbo,
the two of us have found.

Be still!
My weary heart
is needing rest and solace.
Still, endlessly, the memories
continue swirling ‘round!

At last, sleep is descending,
so deep that dreams can‘t follow.
…And, for the moment, resting…
the puzzle - You and Me.

This welcomed sleep I covet,
embrace it, seek to hold it!
For these fleeting hours,
I know that I am free.


June Kellum
2005

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home