Photobucket Just Poems from June: Poem: Of What We Had Before

Tuesday, April 11, 2006

Poem: Of What We Had Before

Of What We Had Before


Your door was open, for a while.
You let me in and welcomed me.
I thought it real, this love we‘d found.
But now you want to flee.

You shut me out. I know not why.
Indifference, now, has taken hold.
The warmness there so recently,
has been replaced by cold!

Those times are gone, I know not where.
I miss the fun, the loving, too…
the excitement of exploring life,
and sharing it with you.

Oh! To recapture what we’ve lost-
I’d give the world and even more,
just to relive those times with you-
of what we had before.


June Kellum

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

At 10:19 PM , Blogger Skye said...

This is a sad one, and one I can relate to well.

 
At 7:42 AM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

AHH-yes- We've all been there!

Junie

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home