Photobucket Just Poems from June: Poem: How Do Things Just Slip Away?

Friday, May 12, 2006

Poem: How Do Things Just Slip Away?



(previously posted at Junie's Place)



How Do Things Just Slip Away?


How do things just slip away?
Blink your eyes and all has changed.
What was known, just yesterday,
has now been re-arranged.

Looking back on all the years,
those times, again, I long to hold.
All has changed - my children grown-
and, suddenly -
I am old!

And now I have to find new roads,
search out new goals to keep in sight.
…find new ways to spend my time,
however trivial or trite!

Playing ‘catch-up’ in my life-
while seeking joy and happiness-
is sometimes hard and full of strife.
…Sometimes exciting, nonetheless!

I look for beauty in each day.
The blanks I’ve missed, I try to fill.
The music, lost along the way,
now, I’m trying to make real!

Songs, unsung, books, unread
and friends to share in these, I’ve found!
Still, this way’s a little strange…
This new road on which I’m bound!

Things do change, time slips away.
…And in a blink, I find I’m old…
Time weighs heavy on my heart.
And trite and trivial are my goals.


June Kellum
July 2005

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home