Photobucket Just Poems from June: Poem: Letting Go

Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Poem: Letting Go

Letting Go


I thought I glimpsed in you
a thing so sweet and pure...
endearing to the heart
 as babies’ smiles can be.

I held close that illusion,
kept it safe - secure-

 still, the truth was there
and  struggled to be free.

I pushed away all doubts.
Tuned out unwanted vibes.
I culled through all your words
and kept a few to treasure.

I never lost the faith.
I never gave up trying,
or hoping that the pain
 would be outweighed by pleasure.

Sleep, now, is slow in coming, 

still, when it comes you’re there,
 until- again- behind
your armored walls you flee!

Just as you are in daylight-
enclosed in walls of stone-

 the doorway hidden well,
so no one can see.

I feel the time is nearing
when I must set you free...
to let go of my dreams
and all of my illusions.

My days, I find, are muddled.
My mind is in a whirl!
…So weary of this pain
and living in confusion.

June Kellum~2005

Labels: , , ,

4 Comments:

At 3:25 PM , Blogger Sandi McBride said...

lovely

 
At 5:04 PM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

Thanks, Sandi

 
At 8:57 PM , Blogger Joy Des Jardins said...

What a nice poem Junie...but that picture of you in your header....wow, that is just stunning....really beautiful. I love it...and I love your poems. ~Joy

 
At 6:00 AM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

Joy,

Thanks for reading my poems and for the very nice compliment on the header. I was in my mid 30s in that picture...a LONG time ago! :) I thought it worked well with the poem-

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home