Photobucket Just Poems from June: Poem: The World Rolls By

Saturday, March 10, 2012

Poem: The World Rolls By


"The World Rolls By"

This year...
I’ve known some changes,
more than I did expect;
much more than I could welcome
-or imagine or predict.

The things I took for granted,
that brought smiles to my face
-and made me feel so warm, secure-
no longer are in place.

Oh, change can be expected,
no longer will I doubt,
or hold on to a fantasy...

(That’s not what life’s about!)

nor look through rosy glasses,
regardless of the hue!
I’ll face the world with open eyes...
accepting what is true.

The world rolls by for others,
as if things are the same...
But do they suffer silently...
as lives are rearranged?

June Kellum
March 10, 2012

Labels: , ,

3 Comments:

At 8:39 PM , Blogger Sally said...

I like that Junie. I had an old, old uncle tell me once that life IS change, and boy can I relate in these past few years. So much we have no control over, and then the things I think I might could control slip right through my fingers 'cause I do get scared sometimes, if you know what I mean.

Happy night, sweet Junie.

Hugs!

 
At 7:01 AM , Blogger Donna said...

Love your poems Junie!
hughugs

 
At 4:02 PM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

Thanks, Donna and Sally!

Yes, I sure do know exactly what you mean!!

Love,

Junie

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home