Photobucket Just Poems from June: Poem: Trees

Wednesday, May 07, 2008

Poem: Trees




This is a poem I have always liked a lot ...

~~~

By
Joyce Kilmer~ 1886–1918



Trees

I think that I shall never see
A poem lovely as a tree.

A tree whose hungry mouth is prest
Against the sweet earth's flowing breast;

A tree that looks at God all day,
And lifts her leafy arms to pray;

A tree that may in summer wear
A nest of robins in her hair;

Upon whose bosom snow has lain;
Who intimately lives with rain.

Poems are made by fools like me,
But only God can make a tree.



~~~I LOVE it!~~~


Junie

Labels:

5 Comments:

At 5:16 PM , Blogger Donna said...

Beautiful!!!hughugs

 
At 5:21 PM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

:) Thanks Donna!

I thought of that poems after taking those pics of trees recently!

hugs))


Junie

 
At 7:18 PM , Blogger Carolyn said...

Yes, I like it, and the photo goes perfectly with it too!

 
At 6:16 AM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

Thanks for looking, Carolyn.


Junie

 
At 8:39 PM , Blogger nippercatshome said...

I have always loved that poem as well..thanks for sharing..Mary

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home