Photobucket Just Poems from June: Daffodils

Saturday, March 01, 2008

Daffodils


( a favorite poem of mine ~ ENJOY! )





"Daffodils" (1804)



I wandered lonely as a cloud


That floats on high o'er vales and hills,

When all at once I saw a crowd,


A host, of golden daffodils;

Beside the lake, beneath the trees,

Fluttering and dancing in the breeze.


Continuous as the stars that shine


And twinkle on the Milky Way,

They stretched in never-ending line


Along the margin of a bay:

Ten thousand saw I at a glance,

Tossing their heads in sprightly dance.


The waves beside them danced; but they


Out-did the sparkling waves in glee:

A poet could not but be gay,


In such a jocund company:

I gazed -- and gazed -- but little thought

What wealth the show to me had brought:


For oft, when on my couch I lie


In vacant or in pensive mood,

They flash upon that inward eye


Which is the bliss of solitude;

And then my heart with pleasure fills,

And dances with the daffodils.



By William Wordsworth (1770-1850).




Love,

Junie

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home