Photobucket Just Poems from June: Poem: Patchwork Of My Life

Monday, April 03, 2006

Poem: Patchwork Of My Life

Pondering life...




Patchwork Of My Life


Looking back upon my life
I see a crazy-quilt design.
Bits and pieces held in place
by a thread so very fine.

Each patch of the pattern shown
represents a span in time.
Different friends and other loves,
a separate life that once was mine!

Looking backward on the past
to recall a memory,
It seems foreign to me now,
as if that girl just wasn’t me!

Yet, it’s sad to realize,
the past will be forever gone.
What has happened must remain,
whether it was right or wrong.

Past mistakes cannot be changed,
but just complete their own design,
to the patchwork of your life,
to be reviewed from time to time!


June Kellum
1974

Labels:

2 Comments:

At 11:22 PM , Blogger Merle said...

Hi June ~~ Great to see your poems have a home of their own. They
deserve it, and I will be back here.
Thanks for comments on Herons Nest.
How is the weather? Warmer than here
I guess. Starting to cool off.
Cheers, Merle.

 
At 8:07 AM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

Thanks, Merle.

I just thought it would be easier for those who like to read poetry, to have my poems all together!

Still, I may continue to occasionally post them at Junie's place too!

LOL- good thing about blogging, you are 'in charge!!'

I loved those little kids sayings about LOVE that you posted! Kids are so wonderful, aren't they!

Well, we are still having very nice weather here- although today I do need the AC on!

Sunday was just a beautiful day for riding the motorcycle!!

Charles and I are both so thankful to still be able to do these things at our age! He's 71 and I will soon be 65(Very soon! (May 5th)

Hope you're enjoying this day!

June

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home